Epson - Sustainable Core
Epson has an ongoing commitment to the environment, which is embedded within the Epson Philosophy. Environmental sustainability is a core feature of the design, manufacture and management of its products from inception to recycling - creating better products for a better future.
Epson has a record of environmental achievements, appearing in The Sustainability Yearbook, and in 2010 being selected for the third year in a row for the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index.
Epson's Environmental Vision for 2050 is guided by four key targets:
- Reduction of CO2 emissions by 90% across the life cycle of all products and services by 2050.
- Inclusion of all products in the resource reuse and recycling loop.
- Reduction of direct CO2 emissions by 90%.
- Restoration and preservation of biodiversity as a member of the ecosystem, together with local communities.
Under the guidance of this global
Environmental Vision, Epson Australia achieved accreditation for ISO 14001 -
Environmental Management Systems in 2002. Epson has also been recognised for
its energy efficient projects, previously receiving a Gold Green Globe Award
for the Energy Smart Business Program and most recently being named as a
finalist in the 10 Year Sustainability Award.
Each year Epson Australia renews its commitment to the environment, and targets for 2011-12 include:
Reduction of CO2 gas emissions by 7% (compared to 2010-11)
2. Recycle, reuse or reduce at least 65% of all waste from its North Ryde head office.
3. Recycle more than 290,000 inks and toners via various consumables recycling programs.
4. Recycle more than 80 tonnes of hardware and accessories by participating in product stewardship programs.
Epson Australia is a founding member of ‘Cartridges 4 Planet Ark' since 2003
and they have a lamp recycling facility for projector lamps (all brands of lamps accepted).
They are also a signatory to the Australian Packaging Covenant, which aims to reduce the impact of packaging and litter on
the waste stream.
For more information of Epson's commitment to the Environment, click here.