Lexmark - Print Less Save More
It may seem counter intuitive that one of the major providers of managed print services wants to encourage customers to print less and save more but that's exactly what Lexmark, one of the founding partners in the 'Cartridges 4 Planet Ark' program, want to achieve.
Lexmark is a global leader in the provision of Managed Print Services and business solutions that enable customers to print less and save more. Lexmark's extensive experience with industry specific solutions and providing end to end document management enhances organisational productivity, knowledge, security and compliance, and importantly, improves the bottom line - both financially and environmentally.
Research conducted by Lexmark shows that 80 percent of the total carbon footprint of the average networked output device (printer or MFP) relates to the consumption of paper.
Lexmark recognises the environmental impact of paper production. Its expanding document management capabilities enable customers to improve their print and business process efficiency and reduce reliance on paper.
Lexmark's Managed Print Service (MPS) proactively identifies opportunities and implements solutions to reduce the impact of printing on costs and the environment. Lexmark's MPS has been recognised as market leading by all four global industry analysts - Gartner, IDC, Forrester and Quocirca.
Every year, Lexmark dedicates significant financial resources to incorporate environmental principles into its products and solutions, upgrades, new technologies and supporting programs that reduce its impact on the environment.
Lexmark is focused on long-term, waste-management improvements across the corporation and has made significant progress here, including:
- Reduction in direct energy consumption by eight percent between 2007 and 2011.
- Reduction in indirect energy consumption by 20 percent from 2005 to 2011.
- Reduction in total greenhouse gas emissions in its operations by 29 percent from 2005 to 2011.
- 39 percent reduction in water usage from 2005 to 2011.
- Reduced total annual energy consumption by 16 percent since 2007.
- A large range of Lexmark's products are Energy Star® qualified and Lexmark continues to introduce new products that consume less energy.
- In Australia and New Zealand, Lexmark works with environmental partners Planet Ark and Close the Loop to facilitate and encourage recycling of Lexmark print consumables.
- Over 2 million Lexmark cartridges have been collected for reuse or recycling through the Cartridges 4 Planet Ark program, resulting in over 2,000 tonnes of material being kept out of landfill.
- Lexmark joined the Australia and New Zealand Recycling Platform (ANZRP) in 2012 to continue its long-standing commitment to sustainability and help reduce the environmental impact of printer and multi-function printer (MFP) hardware in Australia.