Meet the Tree Day Team - We're Here to Help
Author: Marty Middlebrook
It's National Tree Day on July 31st, and just before it Schools Tree Day July 29 - and the team at Planet Ark are busy as ever supporting more than 2000 coordinators nationwide who make the day happen!
Below are just a few of the faces you may speak to if you are organising an event, looking for support or just want to find a site near you to take the family for National Tree Day. Tree Cheers from Planet Ark!
Get in contact now - 1300 88 5000 - we're here to help
The Information Centre
We are your pit crew for National Tree Day. Many of the team have been on board for nearly 10 years and all of us are passionate about Tree day!
Ellice has worn many hats, from pastry chef to Souvenir Manager at the Uluru Culture Centre to selling crystals in the Blue Mountains. She now puts her gift for customer service to excellent use as an essential part of Planet Ark's Information Centre, as well as assisting the finance team.
Claire has been working at Planet Ark since 2011, after working in the communications industry and raising a young family. She is passionate about her children and helping the environment. Claire is super-organised and excellent multitasker, which helps in her joint roles as Office Manager and Information Centre Campaign Support Officer.
With a passion for socio-environmental education and creative visual expression, Bronwen draws on over 25 years working professionally in creative, cultural and environmental projects around the world. Her experience working with Australian communities and schools has made her a valuable asset to the Planet Ark team since 2003.
Marty's team help you get involved in Planet Ark's campaigns. From finding answers to your most tricky recycling questions to where to plant a tree - the Information Centre are at the front line. Marty draws on diverse experience and qualifications including psychology, support for homeless youth and training young Australians to work in Conservation and Land Management, he has spent his entire career helping people get the most out of their community. He started with Planet Ark in 2012 managing the Information Centre, making it easy for Australians all over the country to do their bit for the environment.
Hasmukh joined Planet Ark to support the National Tree Day campaign. He has a wealth of experience working with other great environmental organisations, as well as a degree in environmental science. Hasmukh also volunteers with the SES and continues to support other environment groups as a volunteer.
National Tree Day Manager
Debbie Agnew has 20 years of experience running community engagement campaigns, having worked for the United Nations Environment Programme, the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games and Clean Up Australia Day. Deb gets excited about social innovation and her greatest strength is inspiring the hearts and minds of hundreds of thousands of individuals who take part in in National Tree Day activities every year.
Sara has held a variety of media and communications roles in both the non-profit and private sectors, including positions in the UK, Ireland and Canada. A keen recycler and nature-lover since childhood, Sara was excited to join the Planet Ark team in June 2011. Her work with Australia’s media plays an essential role in spreading the word about the positive environmental actions everyone can take.
Chief Information Officer - Our IT Guru
Ian is one of the longest-serving team members at Planet Ark, having joined the organisation in 2006. In charge of Planet Ark's IT infrastructure, he keeps our websites running smoothly. With a background in Management and over 25 years in IT, software development and engineering, Ian likes to use technology to make our lives easier. When not working with computers, Ian enjoys playing music, cooking (and eating) great food, spending time with his family and helping run the historic Linden Observatory in the Blue Mountains.
- Winners of the Schools Tree Day competition »
- 4 dos and don'ts of creating behaviour change (part 1) »
- Tree talk - Tree sisters »
- Everyday Enviro with Elise - Bringing in the green »
- Our Schools Tree Day and National Tree Day »
- Sydney breathing wall a world first »
- National Tree Day Research 2018: Connect in Nature »
- NSW EPA announces recycling, organics and infrastructures grants and awards »
- A new way to strengthen trust in recycling »
- Macquarie University Incubator wins major Educational Facilities Awards »
- Threatened koalas receive NSW rescue package »
- Planet Ark urges Ipswich Council to reverse decision to send valuable materials to landfill - and the Council agrees »
- Celebrating 25 years of positive environmental action »
- Our green resolutions »
- Calling for 2018 National Tree Day supporters »
- Australians celebrate 22 years of National Tree Day »
- Planet Ark pays tribute to former Head of Campaigns, Brad Gray »
- Brock Commons - Mass Wood for the Masses »
- Choosing an eco-friendly Christmas tree »
- Schools Recycle Right Challenge Winners »
- Get Crafty this Christmas »
- The Naturale Schools Recycle Right Challenge Kicks Off »
- Celebrate Cool Australia's Enviroweek »
- Our coordinators have done a tree-mendous job! »
- Community Garden Transformation Competition 2016 »
- Australians celebrate 21 years of National Tree Day »
- School Garden Transformation Winners 2016 »
- Students grow more with nature »
- Find A Tree Day Event in Your Area »
- Grow a Green Thumb »
- The Birds and the Trees »
- Community Garden Competition »
- Adding Trees - A Prescription for Health, Happiness and Fulfilment »
- Ten Years of Bringing Value to the Community »
- WIN a $7,500 makeover for your school this National Tree Day! »
- The Importance of Green Public Spaces »
- The benefits of gardening for little people »
- Inspirational teachers share their story on improving student performance (CPD points) »
- Grow More With National Tree Day »
- Back at work? keep that vacation feeling with some 'Green' time... »
- New Year, New Products »
- Give someone a (indoor) tree this Christmas! »
- Discount Tickets for 'dirtgirl's get grubby the musical' at the Opera House »
- Schools Tree Day 2015 Winners Announced »
- 2015 Grow Up With Nature Photo Competition Winner Announced »
- Planet Ark Project - Answering Kid's Questions »
- Tree Cheers For Australia! »
- A Rock 'N' Roll Tree Day »
- Grow Up With Nature - Competition »
- Get Grubby Then Get Clean »
- Wise Words From An Eleven-Year-Old »
- Dabbling in DIY »
- Happy Eco-Easter! »
- Planet Ark Ambassadors Honoured »
- The Real Tree Day Stars - Our Site Coordinators »