New Organics Infrastructure Grants Now Open for NSW
Author: Ryan Collins
Applications are now open for Round 5 of the NSW EPA's Waste Less, Recycle More Organics Infrastructure (Large and Small) grants. The grants provide up to $3 million to councils, waste companies and not-for-profits for infrastructure to reuse or recycle source separated food and garden waste that would otherwise go to landfill. Funding is also available for infrastructure that will improve product quality.
Applications are invited across three streams:
- Stream 1 Organics Processing Infrastructure – grants of up to $3 million to increase the capacity to process source separated organics from households and businesses
- Stream 3 Food Donation Infrastructure– grants of up to $500,000 for fridges, freezers, van and other equipment to enable food relief agencies to rescue more surplus food for redistribution s to people in need
- Stream 4 Product Quality - grants of up to $500,000 for equipment to improve the quality of recycled organic product.
Applications are open until Thursday, 10 August 2017.
- Your workplace can give back this Christmas »
- 8 ways to green your 2018 »
- Planet Ark to trial Coffee Grounds Recycling in Sydney CBD »
- How do we do better with our food waste? »
- 'Creature Compost' - Zoo Reduces Landfill and Generates Income »
- The Awful Truth About Nappies & Recycling »
- Coffee Go-Ground »
- Discount Tickets for 'dirtgirl's get grubby the musical' at the Opera House »
- Drink Coffee? Take our Coffee Recycling Survey »
- Full Tummy Empty Bins »
- Creative Composting »