The Secret of Your Success
Author: Ryan Collins
If you have a ‘Cartridges 4 Planet Ark' collection box in your workplace you're already ahead of the pack for at least two of the recycling secrets. You ‘Take It To Work' and 'Think Outside The Bin.' But what other secrets can be revealed for your workplace?
Businesses generate more waste than households but commercial waste has a lower recycling rate at just 46%. Planet Ark's Seven Secrets of Successful Recyclers report showed three in four employees agreed that having recycling facilities at work does, or would, make them feel like they work for a responsible employer. Embracing a ‘green' mandate increases the ability of a business to recruit and retain good employees.
The rapid growth of personal and portable technology over the past decade underlines the importance of easily accessible and free producer responsibility programs. There are now more active SIM cards in the world than people! E-waste required specialized recycling programs as it contains over a thousand different substances. Successful workplace recyclers look for responsible programs like MobileMuster and ‘Cartridges 4 Planet Ark'.
Get In On More Secrets
1. Visit Planet Ark's BusinessRecycling website to download a Step-By-Step Toolkit for successful workplace recycling. It includes:
- contact details for recycling services for more than 90 different materials;
- free recycling signage;
- tips on managing waste and recycling contracts; and
- suggestions for encouraging positive behaviour change among staff and customers.
2. Partner with MobileMuster to securely recycle used mobiles and accessories.3. Acknowledge and congratulate colleagues when they do the right thing and use our downloadable poster or adaptable email to encourage staff to bring their cartridges in from home.