Check out the top 10 Cartridge Recyclers
Author: Ryan Collins
2015 was another big year for the ‘Cartridges 4 Planet Ark’ program. More than 3.3 million cartridges were diverted from landfill and workplace collection points increased by 68% from 2014 with 4,575 new registrations.
Overall visits to the cartridges pages on RecyclingNearYou.com.au increased by 6% on 2014 figures and 19% on 2013
So we thought we'd take the opportunity to thank everyone that helped make that possible, especially to the top ten returners.
Top Ten Workplaces and Councils
To collect 3.3 million cartridges it takes lots of workplaces doing the right thing - so thanks to everyone who participated.
The top ten workplaces for 2015, including the total number of cartridges collected are:
- 25,441 - Aspitech
- 16,285 - Endeavour Foundation
- 10,969 - Imosh Australia
- 4,291 - Colourworks
- 3,961 - Spade Comp & Office Machines
- 3,720 - Substation 33
- 3,553 - Lightning Source Australia, Scoresby
- 3,359 - Department of Human Services
- 3,300 - Belmont Forum Shopping Centre
- 3,068 - eResources Copy Print Systems
Local councils are increasingly providing public collection points for their residents as well as recycling their own cartridges. The top ten councils in 2015 were:
- 5,664 - Hornsby Shire Council, NSW*
- 4,559 - Moonee Valley, VIC (NEW)
- 2,774 - City of Yarra, VIC*
- 2,426 - Randwick City Council, NSW*
- 2,423 - City of Monash, VIC*
- 1,949 - City of Vincent, WA*
- 1,532 - Mindarie Regional Council, WA*
- 1,309 - Armidale Dumaresq Council, NSW (NEW)
- 1,261 - Town of Bassendean, WA (NEW)
- 1,243 - City of Cockburn, WA (NEW)
*Top ten last year
Together these and all the other collection points have helped divert thousands of tonnes of non-renewable resources out of landfill and back into the economy. So a huge thank you and we hope that you'll help us make 2016 even more successful.
Click on our http://cartridges.planetark.org/Councils page for more information on how council's can participate in the cartridge recycling program.